TENNESSEE BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has confirmed the identities of the seven victims killed in crimes discovered in Sumner County over the weekend.
The six individuals found deceased at a home at 1177 Charles Brown Road have been identified as:
- David Carl Cummins (DOB: 10/31/1967), the father of Michael Cummins
- Clara Jane Cummins (DOB: 12/06/1974), the mother of Michael Cummins
- Charles Edward Hosale (DOB: 09/22/1973), the uncle of Michael Cummins
- Rachel Dawn McGlothlin-Pee (DOB: 11/11/1975)
- Efforts to clarify her relationship to Cummins remained ongoing at the time of this release.
- Sapphire McGlothlin-Pee (DOB: 05/19/2006), Rachel’s daughter
- Marsha Elizabeth Nuckols (DOB: 04/19/1955), Rachel’s mother
The victim found deceased in her home at 1555 Luby Brown Road has been identified as Shirley B. Fehrle (DOB: 12/22/1949). She has no known relationship to Michael Cummins.
An eighth victim, also a relative of Michael Cummins, remains in critical condition.
According to the TBI, “An examination of our crime data shows the Sumner County case to be the deadliest homicide event in at least 20 years.”
The homicides first were discovered on Saturday. The suspect, Michael Cummins, was captured overnight Saturday after he was spotted in a creek bed near the scene. He was shot during the operation to apprehend him, but his injuries were not critical.